Decarbonising cities with geothermal district heating: how to finance it?
December 13th 2019, Copa Cogeca, Brussels This seminar is organised as a partnership between the European geothermal industry and European local authorities committed to the energy transition to facilitate the uptake of this clean renewable energy technology. In particular, this workshop organized in the framework of the GEORISK project and the HeatNet NWE project in association with the Covenant of Mayors aims at best answering the following issues:
- Role of local planning in enabling RES investments, notably for heating and cooling
- Impact of local authorities in enabling the business model of geothermal projects
- Barriers to deploying geothermal district heating and cooling projects
- Policy solutions for facilitating deployment of geothermal district heating and cooling
- Financing geothermal projects