Thermal Energy Storage for Sustainable Energy Technology
Solutions developedThe project Thermal Energy Storage for Sustainable Energy Technology aims at a decisive contribution towards a new generation of efficient and compact thermal energy storage systems in three sectors of energy use: buildings, industry, and mobility. Five development lines cover the different aspects and relevant topics of the R&D work.
- Development Line A: Novel seasonal solar sorption storage for buildings
- Development Line B: Thermal storage for car battery temperature conditioning
- Development Line C: Storage for efficient energy systems in railway vehicles
- Development Line D: Industrial waste heat recovery with novel thermochemical heat storage
- Development Line E: Novel medium temperature PCMs for industrial applications