Become the New Chair and Co-Chair of the Horizontal Working Group Districts!
About the Horizontal Working Group Districts
The Horizontal Working Group (HWG) Districts of the RHC-Platform was launched in autumn 2018 and is managed by Euroheat & Power c/o DHC+ Technology Platform. The HWG Districts represents a pool of selected experts from universities and research institutes, industry and energy agencies. The experts meet regularly to work jointly on the expert input papers and district-specific input to the strategic documents produced by the RHC Platform.
Some of the past work include:
- 100% RE Districts: 2050 Vision
- 2050 Vision for 100% RE Heating and Cooling (Districts chapter)
- Strategic Research & Innovation Agenda (Districts chapter)
Why become the new chair/co-chair of HWG Districts?
- Get visibility for your organization and yourself;
- Shape the EU research agenda in such decisive times and advance the heat transition;
- Expand your network and meet European Commission decision-makers;
- Represent the renewable heating & cooling sector at large,
- Work with the motivated and diverse members of the HWG Districts!
Functions and Requirements of the Chair and Co-Chair HWG Districts
- Indicative overall workload: around 1 day per month
- As part of the RHC-ETIP Board, provide guidance to the activities of the Secretariat of the Platform, its TPs and HWGs, to pursue the vision and mission of the RHC-ETIP;
- Together with the secretariat, manage the relationship between the HWG Districts and the other HWGs as well as the Technology Panels, especially the TP DHC & TES
- Set goals, gather inputs and priorities for the HWG Districts members.
- Represent the RHC-ETIP and manage relationships with external stakeholders relevant to the platform and HWG;
Coordinate the process and provide input to the main documents prepared by the RHC HWGs and TPs;
- Take part in the RHC-ETIP Board meetings and ExCo calls;
- Chair meetings with the HWG Districts members and EHP secretariat (online/live) and ensure the smooth working of the HWG Districts together with its co-chair and members;
- Take part in the RHC-ETIP annual conference (online/live);
- Take part in other relevant events, representing the RHC-ETIP and HWG Districts.
The Co-Chair of the HWG Districts supports the Chair in his/her role and substitutes him/her in case needed.Deadline for application 3 November 2020. For more information, please contact Sofia Lettenbichler: firstname.lastname@example.org To apply for this position, please send a short motivation and CV to email@example.com