Validation workshop - ST Technology Roadmap
Validation workshop on the Solar Thermal Technology Roadmap and on the strategy for solar thermal within Horizon 2020
Venue: Renewable Energy House, Rue d'Arlon 63 -67, 1040 Brussels.
A validation workshop on the Solar Thermal Technology Roadmap and on the strategy for solar thermal within Horizon 2020 was organized within the framework of the European Technology Platform for Renewable Heating and Cooling: RHC-Platform.
This workshop took place on Wednesday 22 January 2014 at the Renewable Energy House, Rue d'Arlon 63-67, 1040 Brussels, Belgium and had a dual purpose:
Review the development process for the Solar Thermal Technology Roadmap
As work is still ongoing on the final document, three main solar thermal solutions to important 2020 societal challenges were covered:
- Solar Heat for Industrial Processes (SHIP) for Industrial applications
- Solar Compact Hybrid Heating Systems (SCHHS) for retrofitting opportunities as well as the new built
- Solar Active House (SAH) for NZEBs (Nearly-Zero Energy Buildings).
Consider the European Research Programme Horizon 2020 (2014-2020)
- New concepts of the Research Programme
- Solar Thermal Energy in the first Energy Call 2014/2015
The workshop concluded in a debate on the opportunities and challenges for the solar thermal sector within the European Research Programme Horizon 2020
Presentations given during this workshop are available, please click here to download.